This month, we had the privilege of hearing from a participant and a coach, from First Tee – South Puget Sound, about their thoughts on keeping a healthy mindset.
Mason G., 10 years old
1.Why do you think having a healthy mindset is important?
When you have a healthy mindset you feel good about yourself and others.
2. How do you keep a healthy mindset?
By listening to music, and thinking about positive things in my life.
3. How do you prepare for school/work?
Eating a good breakfast.
4. How do you prepare for social activities (First Tee, other clubs, hanging out with friends)?
By just having fun….
5. If you’re stressed, what do you do to relax?
I lay down and get comfortable and watch some YouTube videos or TV.
6. Who can you turn to if you need help?
Mom and Dad.
7. If you make a mistake, how do you learn from it and move forward?
I think about what I did wrong and how I can do better next time.
8. If you see a friend or family member in need, what can you do to encourage them?
I talk to them and ask them what’s wrong and tell them that it’s the past and to move on.
9. What has First Tee taught you about a healthy mindset?
First Tee has taught me good manners, positive habits and how to behave on the golf course. Thank you to all my First Tee Coaches – special shout out to Coach Frank.